The Conclusion
To end my Dell troubles, I spent 47 minutes on the phone with a Russian woman named Sally absolutely refusing to let her go until we'd gotten my video card upgraded. She canceled my previous order and tried to make a new one, frequently putting the phone down for 5 or more minutes at a time. In the end she discovered that the coupon I was trying to use was only valid for configurations of the laptop with 32 mb cards, so the net result was....nothing. Well, nothing other than having to cancel my first order and make another exactly like it, which put my shipping date back a day. So I spent all day on the phone with strange foreign people the mites on my pillow could outsmart and have nothing more than wasted time and a late shipping date to show for it. Thanks a lot, Dell.


7 Comments:
So....whadja get? Specs, boy, specs!
Regarding tech support--
I was fortunate enough to visit a call center for my former employer. They let me sit next to the call takers for an hour and experience what they had to go through. I was taken aback by the 15 dimensional multitasking that they were doing while talking with the customer-- they were reading data from one app, copy/pasting it to another, and researching answers from a third, all while maintaining their (albeit droning) patter with the caller. This might just be a problem with Previoustel, but if it isn't, then I suspect those long pauses you experienced were simply the evidence of a tech support person with not enough cache and some serious context-switching issues. Perhaps a good strategy would be to yell 'MUTEX LOCK' as soon as you hear them talking, then give them all your personal info (incl. inseam) in one big block, then background your process and take a 15 minute nap.
Being able to use babelfish hardly proves fluency in multiple languages...
I got a Pentium M 1.8 GHZ SXGA+ w/32 MB video ram, 60 GB HD, 1 GB ram, extra battery, 24xCDRW/DVDR, and a red lava snap on cover.
Jack, you're not fooling anyone, you're a hopeless knock off of the honorable Jackscolon, and I'm going to continue deleting your posts as long as they have absolutely no value.
At least he makes you look popular by leaving all these comments on your blog ;). I thought particularly interesting was the fact that not all 'juggalos' like ICP, but liking ICP is two of the steps in his 'birth of a juggalo'. Jack the Juggalo... kinda has a ring to it.
Popular with who?
I mean it makes your number of comments really high, making your blog look even more well-visited than it is.
I think this proves one thing pretty clearly: you should buy an Apple.
Post a Comment
<< Home