More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

absolutely inexcusable (and Jessica Alba!)

I know I haven't posted much lately. Things at work have been a little hot and heavy, or busy anyway, and things at home have been a little h--well, I've been working on this website for a guy who does nature photography. It's no work of beauty, but the programming has been rather tough. Check it out here, and use the "contact" page to let me know if it looks like absolute crap in your browser of choice.

Researchers have recently finished mapping the genome of a dog. The similarities between dog DNA and human DNA were striking, helping to explain why dogs and humans suffer from many of the same illnesses. The research was done by scientists from prestigious universities across the US and Cambridge, which happens to be in England, which is not in the United States.

No word yet on whether or not these similarities can help explain the strange tendency to dress dogs in human clothes, or to treat them like human children.


Regardless of the genetic possibilities, this tendency, along with my recent absence from the blogosphere, is absolutely inexcusable.

In other news, this is not a picture of my dog in a pink sweater:

Nick would wear this!


Sorry, no Jessica here. That was a shameless, scrupulous, heartless ploy to up my hit count amongst teenage boys, ages 13-19. Just kidding, But seriously, she's over here (over 18 only.)

6 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Mair said...

Ok, if that is a picture of your dog in a pink sweater, she is really cute.

I knew this guy once who had two yorkie terriers...he dressed them in sweaters when it was cold outside. And he only spoke to them in french...making it impossible for other people to communicate with them in any meaningful way. If you said, "Come here!" the dogs looked at you like you were the one wearing the tiny red knit sweaters.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

Give me my sweater back.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger MsStone said...

I really hate it when people dress up their dogs....but Petra somehow pulls it off. But, I think I like her hoodie more.

Mainly it's those little rat dogs who are dressed up and carried around in purses that make me want to drop kick them.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Justin said...

The same illnesses? Like really foul smelling farts?

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

Give Nick back his sweater so he can jump on someone's rack! I have told that story so many times and no one has ever found it funny except me. Has anyone had better luck with it? Do I only hang around with pruds?

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice read... See some more pics at Jessica Alba Photo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home