The Scores are In
As compiled by Chuck, here's the scores for number of blog posts in February. If your blog isn't on there, it's because Charles Pierce didn't care enough to check. Complaints may be sent to imafrickinhomo@pragmaticism.com.
Philosophia 13
Pragmaticism 7
Redhurt 7
Fashion, Trends, Whatever 7 (number I've read: 2)
Poetry and Scotch 4
Standingoutinthecold 4
Sociological Imagination 3
Christian + Kantianist 2
Christian + Calvinist 2
Tomorrow is the last day in February, so get your submissions in while you can! This brings me to 8, but most of my posts have been pretty short lately. Maybe these should be weighted and then tallied against a panel of judges, who would grade them for content, style, and technical difficulty. For instance, in terms of content, Hans's posts are about twice as good as mine, making us even, and about a billion times better than Charles', making him a big loser. On the other hand, Jackscolon posts with more style, and EAP has an awesome template. In conclusion, anyone (ahem) wearing clothing clearly intended for the opposite sex should probably stop. Agreed?


16 Comments:
SPELL MY FREAKING NAME RIGHT.
I'll agree to pick up the pace on posting if you agree to pick up the pace on my template.
I think my word-count from January should count as extra posts in February. As explanation take a look at these facts: There are only so many words in the universe, and words can be neither created or destroyed, only converted into writing. Words are put back into the Universe again every 4-6 weeks. I used up a lot of them in January. Therefore I was constrained by the Law of Conservation of Words and simply could not write more than I did. Rather than post many very short posts I posted a few modest posts. Therefore it is not my fault that I posted so little in Februray and should be given a handicap in any scoring system.
Crap, this comment is going to take a chunk out of March...
I'll pick up the pace on your template if you pay me.
heyo.
I'll spell your freaking name right if you pick up the pace on his template.
ok, you win.
Standinoutinthecold: 4 billion.
February was an off month for me- since last June, I'm averaging 14 posts a month, which is basically a post every 2.2 days, so you know, I've got that going for me.
Yeah, I have been slacking too. Maybe later tonight. This get busy in this Oxford deal. On the other hand, I got accepted for the Master's in Theology yesterday. That has to count as a ton of posts, doesn't it?
I posted! Adjust my ranking!
Oh you mock me, but you shall feel my wrath all in good time. And I don't agree that word number should could. If that is the case then I am just going to start cutting and pasting very long sections out of dictionary.com. And if Pictures are worth a thousand words than EAP is in the lead.
1.) there aren't many long sections at dictionary.com, because you can only look up one word at a time.
2.) If you start cutting and pasting long sections of anything boring, and posting them on your blog, I don't think we'll read it anymore, but rest assured - you'll have really shown me up.
idiot.
Didn't you insinuate in your original post that you already don't really read his blog? So, in theory nothing would change except his word count...
Idiot
I read his blog, when it isn't something along the lines of- "I'm opposed to this social convention, so in protest, I'll follow all its rules and regulations to the absolute maximum" or "These pants give me saddlebags"
How 'clearly intended' does it have to be exactly?
Well, for pants, it shouldn't be marked with an arbitrary size number instead of something useful like waist and inseam, and shirts probably shouldn't say things like "petite" on the tag.
ok - I'm way out of the loop on this one. Probably because I've had a fever over 100 degrees since Monday. But, I think I have something to trump all of you. I got a snotty faced comment just recently on my last post about how I don't understand classical theory. I don't know who the guy was, but guess what I did?? I email him. Yep, that's right. I emailed the bastard. And I quote at length from Weber.
and...I'll try to post more in March.
and...I thought for a minute that maybe the comment was from barnabas and he was paying me back for being snotty faced to him not long ago.
Post a Comment
<< Home