ipod video
As expected, Apple announced tonight that the flagship iPod is being replaced by a new and improved version tha plays video. The new iPod is thinner than the previous model and comes in either 30 or 60 gb models (the 40 gig model is dead now.) It looks like this was accomplished by using the new solid-state technology they included in the nano, also enabling them to improve the battery life to 20 hours.
Apple's landed deals to start selling music videos through iTunes for $2 along and boasts that they 30 gb model can store about 75 hours worth of video. They've also landed a deal with Disney by which Disney and ABC (owned by Disney) TV shows are available for download at $2 a piece the day after they've aired on TV, giving you a new way to ignore Lost, Desperate Housewives, and all the other crap on their fall line up and ensuring that Michael Eisner will continue to meddle in every aspect of entertainment media.
read the previous post - it hasn't been up for more than 10 hours as of right...about....*now.*


11 Comments:
I was hoping the new iPod would turn into a robot.
Video?
Lame.
Gimme a call when the iPod-bionic edition comes out.
I had a flagship once
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Actually ABC has a lot of sports games on, so if I had the money and sheer audacity to own such a device, I might also have the gumption to purchase some football games. I would also probably buy some hockey games if they were ever televised, but it appears that 'They' have decided TV, along with defense, is not good for hockey. Cause both gone from the new NHL. Mostly.
I'm not so sure about the gigantic goals, but I'm a big fan of the new two line passing rule.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the previous comment was deleted for pandering pyramid schemes and horribly audacious spelling mistakes.
I like the new rules, even with the big goals. It's always been my favorite major league sport, but games the ended 1-0 in overtime were freaking boring, and I'm glad that won't be happening as much. Offensive games are more fun to watch.
Hockey over here means field hockey, which in the states is a women's sport, but I heard the NHL rocks this year with the red line gone. Reminder: the red line was not originally in the game, it was added later. Glad they got rid of it and the defensemen can learn how to play correctly. Go Aves!
We usually spell it "Avs", since there's no 'e' after the 'v' in "Avalanche."
I think he was rooting for birds. Probably just a big bird fan or something. You know, a bird lover.
Rock, rock on, birds.
Post a Comment
<< Home