More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

rough underbelly

Every find yourself thinking, "If I could just manage my life to the most minute detail, I'd finally be whole as a person"? Me neither, but I think Charles has, and if ever you do, we've got a wild new Ajax application for you.

Continuing the trend of things online named after totally unrelated things in reality, it's called Rough Underbelly, and it's a beautiful little application that lets you lay out your to do list in terms of time and priority, and then click off your results when you're finished. Your points are tallied automatically, and then you can view graphs of your performance to know when you are and aren't measuring up.

I like the idea behind these sorts of things - help people find their priorities, keep them on task, etc. But there seems to be one major flaw in the premise, and it goes something like this: if I'm too lazy to stay on task anyway, what makes you think I'm going to be disciplined enough to get online and regularly publish my lazy progress?


Anyway, it's a good idea, and a really pretty internet application. I might play around with it a little bit later, but probably not. If you do, please come back and comment on why you use it and how much you like it.

On a totally different note, I stumbled upon this very disturbing picture earlier today. It shows someone who looks frighteningly like my little brother dressed frighteningly like my little brother, if he'd gained about 20 pounds and owned a power glove. Check it out:

Guess where he's hiding the console all that crap's plugged into?

4 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger RJ said...

remember when you wore that green cape around with the sword and gandalf staff? That was, what, like a year ago?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

If I could just manage my life to the most minute detail, I'd finally be whole as a per...

Geeze, you know me pretty well.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger MsStone said...

HAHAHA. Scott got fat!



that's amazing.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I think Charles is the only person I know that would put "Use Rough Underbelly" into his Rough Underbelly itinerary and then award himself points for using it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home