Google Reader

The great folks at google have done it again - taken a product already widely available on the web and made it even better, giving it that google twist I know, trust and love. This time it's google reader, a web-based Ajax blog reader that subscribes to feeds and manages your news as if it were email.
I've used a number of these products before, and I haven't liked any as much as this google reader. Firstly, it's because I'm a shameless google fanboy, but secondly because it simply works better. Up until now, I've been using the google homepage, but that only gives the titles of new posts. I've also tried using the integrated feed support in Mozilla's email application, Thunderbird, but thunderbird isn't always available, and it's formatting for things like graphics and embedded content is sketchy at best.
I don't know how long Google reader's been out, but now that I've subscribed to the official google blog, I'll probably know right away next time. And that is a wonderful thing.
In other news, it continues to shock me that "google" is not a recognized word by Blogger's spell checker.


2 Comments:
Oh to only be computer savvy...Instead I'll just have to lag about 2 years behind the rest of the world in the computer end of things, but at least I'm on the cutting edge in fashion.
That picture I posted must be a perfect combination of our powers, or something.
Post a Comment
<< Home