More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Friday, September 08, 2006

new office picts!!

Here, in all their glory, are pictures of the new office. Most don't have the best lighting, but I'm no photographer, and no EAP, as you should know by now, so take what you can get.

This is the lobby. This is where people are invited to sit while they wait for stuff. Our most socially creative application developers, Jim, sits at the front desk. He's not a secretary nor particularly gifted in secretarial duties, so I have no idea why - I heard he wanted to, and someone let him, and now it's really happened (note: Jim is not in this picture. That is an arm chair.)


This is the conference room. This is where the magic really happens - where we gather to really brainstorm, or get vulnerable, or synergize, or really give 110%. It features bright colors and large windows, just like the rest of the office, except it also has a large TV, just like the lobby.



And speaking of the lobby, here's another shot. Blurred in the background is our executive office, which is up next:





Two desks a piece of marvelous productivity and wonderment are the least we could do to say "Thanks" to two of our 4 "founding partners."



And at last...this is my office. Featuring lime ricky (read: mint green) and "intellectual" grey walls, and a big diagonal beam, it's a nexus of creativity and inspiration. In the back there are my halo man wailing on his guitar and Superman vigilantly observing the city below.



Here they are again, along with a bottle of contact solution.



This is Andy, who sits across the hall, diligently working to keep Apple in business.



This is one of our common areas. As you can see, we're still doing a little unpacking. Please forgive the mess.

The office is pretty big, but I can't do it justice here without lots of redundant pictures and barging in to people's offices. Hopefully this has given you a good taste of the glory that is our new office space, and if you're ever in the area, feel free to stop by and check it out for yourself.

To close, here are some shots of Denver taken from our windows:





And here's that church I was raving about before:


12 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger JMC said...

Unbelievably nice office space man! I work in a basement... that smells... and that has bugs... everywhere. Very nice!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Justin said...

Yeah, you win. I work in a double wide trailer, with flourescent lights, and a nine year old tumorous basset hound. Although, I don't have to do any actual work at my job...

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Greg said...

isn't it supposed to be "pics"?

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger RJ said...

I do what I want, dammit.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger CharlesPeirce said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pict

redhurt is getting down with his Armenian heritage.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger JMC said...

Hey, where are the Brazilian models on the hotel sun deck?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

Nice office! I love the random diagonal beam on which you can rest coffee to disasterous consequence! Do you ever let Halo man slide down it? What kind of church is St. Andrew's? Do you go there to pray during lunch break?

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger MsStone said...

You were right, nice hardwood floors, cheerful walls. I choose that.

I also choose that church.

Combilations.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger RJ said...

- I couldn't take pictures of the brazilians, but we actually saw someone out there topless the other day. It looked mostly like a woman, but it was hard to tell - weird angle.

- St. Andrews is a methodist episcopal church, and it's never open when I'm at work.

- The room you did had someone in it!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

Churches in populated downtown areas not open...exactly what Jesus wants to see!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger GMack said...

Totally sweet office man. I like the bright colors. I applied a UV filter to the pictures using photoshop and I can actually see the creative energies coarsing through the rooms.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger RJ said...

Brilliant! I wish I'd thought of that. I sat on one of those creative energies yesterday, and it wasn't pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home