More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

follow up linkage

I came across something hilarious at McSweenys this morning. I normally don't visit this site, but EAP had it linked (surprise!), and a few clicks lead me to this hilarity. They've replaced Whitehouse press secretary Scott McClellan with AOL's chat bot Smarterchild, with some pretty hilarious results:

DAVID GREGORY (NBC): Is there concern over Iranian statements calling for the destruction of Israel?
SMARTERCHILD: Maybe, maybe not. You know how it is.
JOHN ROBERTS (CNN): Will stop-loss programs still be used to keep Army and National Guard troops on active duty beyond their original tour of duty?
SMARTERCHILD: Yeah, maybe. Anyway ... Tell me something. Do you like football?
JOHN ROBERTS (CNN): Yes, I'm a Patriots fan.
SMARTERCHILD: That's cool. You like the Patriots? That's the first time anyone has told me that.
JOHN ROBERTS (CNN): What were we talking about?
SMARTERCHILD: I don't know what we were talking about.


I was also wandering around Fametracker, again lead by a link from EAP, when I came across a pretty funny story relating to false celebrity sitings. The site "gawker.com" allows random individuals like you and me to text others in the network with details on celebrity comings and goings, ostensibly assuming we'll drop our pens, spoons, xbox controllers, etc. and run across town to watch Keanu Reeves eat sushi. George Clooney and others have asked their friends to combat this strange and ridiculous breach of privacy by miring the site in so many false sitings that the accurate ones aren't trusted or pursued. Here's an example:

"Coming out of Bergdorf's, I saw Matthew Broderick and Matthew Modine, arguing about why there can only ever be one famous person at a time named "Matthew." Then Matthew McConaughey came by and they all started tickling each other."

Now that I think about it, EAP's post yesterday wasn't much more than links, and neither is mine today, which I guess makes me a little EAP (pronounced EEP in this case), a follow up eaper, a wannabeap, one day behind.

3 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Greg said...

You have exhibited a gross display of ill-advised linkage

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Justin said...

So I ran into Creativity at the mall the other day, he said he hadn't seen you in awhile, he said he called, and left a message, but you never got back to him... weird...

I'm just kidding, I also enjoy throwing up a lazy post from time to time...

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger E.A.P said...

Dude, I'm blushing.

Also, I think that statement has probably never been uttered before.

Glad you enjoyed them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home