Robo-Surgeon
The first unassisted surgery done by a robot occurred this morning. The doctor who invented the pioneer robot watched from a computer in Boston as the robot performed heart surgery on a man in milan. The doctor plans to release a large scale commercial version of the robot soon.


6 Comments:
bah!
no thanks. Did you ever see the news about those machines that allow doctors to make rounds in the hospital from their offices? Basically, it's a robot with a tv screen face that your doctor satilites into and the robot goes around the hospital visiting all the doctor patients. So weird. I'd rather see my doctor face to face, thank you.
All I've got to say is that if they make a robot gynocologist is that women will be complaining about a lot more that just the cold stirrips....unless of course the robot is heated.
So I guess the malpractice insurance for the robot would be transferred to the engineer then? Since the doctor technically did nothing then it would be the company that made the robot's fault.
I think I'd totally do it. I'd rather have a robot overseen by a surgeon - the margin for error is much smaller, and if anything goes wrong, maybe the robot will take pity on me and turn me into the first cyborged super human assassin.
I've had a robot gynocologist for like six years... wait, nevermind- I'm thinking of a hydraulic penis...
Post a Comment
<< Home