way to go, or something
According to an article on Wired, BMW is developing a new technology to allow cars to automatically pull into your drive way, even when you're not in the car.
Given how dehumanizing J. Morgan thinks advances in technology (like Tylenol) are, what are the chances he'll ever let his car park itself? And more important, what are the chances his car will become self-aware, take over sky net, and start a time-traveling world war involving several iterations of the same muscle bound robotic sociopath/savior?
And even more importantly, how hard is it to pull into your own damn garage? Give me a car that parallel parks itself and THEN you'll have an interesting and innovative technology.


9 Comments:
Yeah, what the heck? He still had to pull it up right into the right spot. So, they "invented" a way for your car to move itself straight forward without you in the car with some sensors to make sure it doesn't hit a wall? I guess its nice to not have to save space to open the door to get out -- assuming it will pull itself back out of the garage. Its probably more marketable in Germany (and elsewhere in Europe) where, in general, their living spaces are much smaller and they probably don't all have huge three car garages.
I don't want a car that parks itself, I want a car that can do ninety on the highway while watching out for cops, while I watch videos on my Ipod or take a nap.
this is pretty impressive:
linky
crap. i mean
this linky
If someone has the money to buy a car like that, they should have the money to have a big enough garage that will allow room for you and your car. No one needs a freaking car that does that.
I hate humans.
If someone has enough money to buy a car like that I am pretty sure that they can pay a servant to be their personal valet. Secondly it would only be cool if the car talked back in a sexy woman's voice...or if the seats were actually those really expensive massage chairs from Brookstone.
nice! I've been telling Marty that I think the next big thing with car seats is going to be massage seats and seats with speakers in them. They came out with these seats that remember the way you sat in them a few years ago, but where's my swedish back massage? That will be huge.
Perfect! I'll take two.
That is strange to me. What is the point, exactly, of buying one of the best driving cars ever developed if you don't want to drive it? That's why I hate all the shit they put in luxury cars these days: Back-up assistance, navagation systems, radar controlled cruise control, automatic wipers, etc. What is the point of having a great car to drive then?
Post a Comment
<< Home