More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

bad post

It's snowing here today. Furiously; and it's really cold - the high is 20, and we hit it already. By this weekend, the temperature should reach a balmy 35, if we're lucky. Sweet!

I haven't posted much lately, and I apologize for that, but it's been because there hasn't been much to post about. I could write things like, "today we ate thanksgiving turkey" or "yesterday we took my dog to the dog park", but why? Would you really want to read it? While I don't want to limit myself to only posting about politics or religion or something, I think it's good form to stick to posting about topics or weird events that others would find interesting. Apparently, the topic of this post is why topics are important.

Here's a topic for you: why Internet Explorer sucks. I've had major problems with Internet Explorer recently both at home and work. They'd be minor problems except for the fact that fixing Internet Explorer is horribly hard. It's hard because since IE is integrated into Windows, you can't uninstall and re-install it, and Microsoft's website only works with IE, so you if you can't get to webpages you can't get to microsoft.com to use their horrible "fix my computer" stuff. In conclusion, integrating just about any software into an operating system is a horrible idea. Leave it separate, so that I can manage it on my own.


Well, this post isn't good, but at least it's not a not-a-post, which is all you've been seeing for the last week or so. Anyone have an idea for a better topic? Post an idea, any idea at all, and if it's not horribly inappropriate, I'll do it for the next post. Really! Won't this be fun?

And to make up for the bad post, here's a video of Russian people fighting on their version of Jerry Springer. It's funny because the fight starts when a guy in a suit jump kicks a woman wearing a wedding dress in the stomach.


8 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mair said...

Wow. That video is amazing. I'm glad to know it's not just Americans that are so whacked out. My favorite part was the audience member with her hands on her face desperately trying (but failing) to look horrified.

I don't have any great post topics for you. Sorry. I'll think about it, but in all actuality probably won't come up with anything. You could just hold out for the weekend and then post a November tally - since you skipped October. :o)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Mair said...

p.s. It's 70 in Virginia today. Seriously.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger MsStone said...

Just be like your brother and write a blog filled with teen angst.

That would be a bit funny.

aaaaand it's a good thing they bleeped out the profanity in that video, otherwise I might have some kind of idea as to what they are saying.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, take a closer look at the woman he kicks at first.....I'm 93% positive that it's a guy wearing a dress...hilarious.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger RJ said...

well, it certainly does look like a man - especially the socks - but unfortunately I think that the same can be said for about half of the women in Russia. Heyo!

ps - the other half are amazingly hot, and are frequently objectivized by James Bond and other super secret agent men. Sweet!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger JMC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger JMC said...

Okay, it didn't all fit. Here is the link.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Hans-Georg Gadamer said...

J. Morg - living planet? What in the world?
The jump kicking in Russia is excellent, I haven't seen anything like that over here.
Speaking of a topic, what about "global warming" and "climate stuff"/"Al Gore is stupid". I got into an incredibly heated argument with a class of Brits because I told them global warming is a politically driven hoax. Now that was a good time for a jump kick to the stomach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home