More vituperous ribaldry than a stick might be shaken towards.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday Update and a Cool Bookreader

The first project I ever "completed" at my new job is now live on the web. I say "completed" with quotation marks because it's been out of my hands for months now and was being tweaked and finalized by others at both RandomHouse and Adobe, but is now finally finished. I suppose we're not supposed to get attached to our rich internet applications, but since this was one of the first ones I've helped with, I am. :)

Anyway, check it out. Click on one of the pages to make it expand in "big view" in a new window (you'd have to allow pop-ups to see it.) Adobe did all of the skinning and I did most of the grunt engineering to get the thing together. It doesn't seem like a simple application like this would take much "grunt engineering", but you'll just have to believe me when I tell you that it does.




In other news:
  • I got back from Las Vegas last Monday. We had a good time there, visiting my wife's grandfather, but I don't really like las vegas. It's a weird place where people pay too much to do things that don't seem very fun to me. I don't spend my time there wanting to gamble - I spend it wondering how I can get in on the action. I'll keep you posted if I do.
  • Last Wednesday I took off again for Boston for a business meeting with a new client. We learned a ton and had a great time getting to know their team - these people are all very nice and very smart and should be very easy to work with. I'm pretty excited, and will give you more news when we're able to talk about it. :)
  • That's all.

5 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger MsStone said...

Dragons?

Real mature.

Good work, though. It's very nice.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger RJ said...

look, they only gave me a few books to test with, and this one was my favorite because it has the most colorful cover. :) I didn't bother to see if any of my other favorite books were in their sample list, but you should. Right now.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Justin said...

I made two sweet bookreaders, and by made, I mean grew, and by bookreaders, I mean eyeballs. Boo-yah.

Does your bookreader work at long distances? because mine don't very well.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dragons! Good call. That book is choice. I'll check out that reader sometime.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Hungrygirl said...

cool! good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home