I like X&Y now
After a year of listening and not really loving Cold Play's "new" album and not really loving it, I've changed my mind, and decided that it's actually pretty good, and I really enjoy listening to it.
I'm hopeful that maybe somehow, someday, I'll be able to enjoy U2. I've tried, and so far, I just can't, and it makes me feel weird - like I've got a third eye or something. If I can like Coldplay, maybe I can like U2. Until then, I remain a one of the staunch lonely few who think they're as exciting and interesting as white paint on grey concrete.
You can go back to whatever you were doing now.


6 Comments:
I've also had that CD grow on me. My status has changed from non-active indifference, to sustained tolerance. Go Coldplay!
There ya go.
There's really something wrong with you. Not liking U2 is like not liking sandwiches, or chairs, or Dave Matthews Band. Moexa.
I didn't like DMB for a long time too, and still don't really love them. They're great live, so that gave me a lot of respect for them, but without being able to watch that drummer beat on his paint cans, I'm not that interested in their music.
I bet you'd like U2 more if you saw them live. I think having heard most modern stuff first, and then going back to U2 makes them not as cool...but if you had been listening to music when they first came out you would think they were amazing. Maybe I'm wrong...but that's kinda how feel since everyone and their mom started to copy U2 in some way for the next decade or so. Basically, the Edge made delay cool. That's all I got.
I've just recently come around to U2. Again, one of those bands that's draw has eluded me for a long time til my sister got me a compilation CD of them for Christmas. Still need motivation to listen to it at times, but I'm finding it mildly enjoyable. that's all
bosak
Post a Comment
<< Home