Evil Google? and May Results

Google co-founder Sergey Brin admitted yesterday that Google's recent foray into China, and provision of a censored search engine, might have been evil. He was in DC stomping around the net neutrality deal, but reporters were much more interested in asking why the company that built up so much goodwill with the public at large through their decent business practices and company motto of "Don't be Evil" would collaborate with the most evil major world government since the USSR. Since I'm not into re-hashing things already written better on the web, you can read more about it here and here if you're interested.
There's a really funny article on Wired this morning about other services Google could offer if they'd give up their corporate motto and embrace the darkside. Wired estimates Google could easily grab almost 40% of the evil market in the first quarter, which is enough to rival "Microsoft and Lindsey Lohan combined." Other services include Google Torture, Google Nudity, and Google Murder. Check it out - it's hilarious.
And I know it's late, but here's the May talley, for all of you just dying to know how you measured up:
Fashion, Movies, Etc.: 13 (he already has 6 up for June too)
Filosophia y Flores: 11
Redhurtmachine: 9
Pragmaticism: 6
Poetry and Scoth: 6
Standingoutinthecold: 6
Sociological Imagination: 5
Christian Calvinist: 2
Chrisitan Kantianist: -15
So, GMack's blogging rampage knocks me into third place. Maybe some day soon I'll program a widget to count the number of words we blog, or the number of comments, or something. And then I'll program one to find posts that don't increase our olfactory appeal, and we'll all lose to Grant.


2 Comments:
I do enjoy a good widget every now and then. I find that they go well with penne pasta al dente and a good bottle of pinot grigio. If you had a widget that could count pictures I would totally win and if it too into account the fact that a picture is worth a thousand words I would still lose to any one comment on Nick's blog.
It sounds to me like Google is trying to join the Axis of Evil (from that funny e-mail you sent me in college). Oh, and by "too into account" I obviously meant "took into account".
Post a Comment
<< Home